This policy does not apply to information collected:
- From legal documents provided to us by our customers related to their use of the LegalMation platform; or
- By any other party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide through your use of the Website, including information when you browse our Website, interact with our emails or advertisements, request a demo or to be added to our mailing list, register for an account or login to the LegalMation platform, report a problem, or otherwise contact us.
The information we collect includes information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination). The categories of information we collect, and have collected in the past 12 months, include the following:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, postal address, phone number, and email address.
- Company Data, including your company’s name and postal address.
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access.
- Billing Data, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments and fulfill your orders.
- Profile information, including your state bar number.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as comments and questions when you submit an inquiry).
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Website that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information Automatically Collected
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you and your devices. The categories of information we automatically collect, and have automatically collected in the past 12 months, include the following:
- Service Use Data, including details about your visits to our Website, such as traffic data, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, products and services you view, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including information about the type of device or browser you use, internet service provider, operating system device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as your IP address.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
The types of tracking technologies we use to automatically collect information include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your device that acts as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you relevant content and advertising on and off the Website. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
The information we automatically collects helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Track our conversions.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Provide you with additional functionality.
For further information on tracking technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Analytics and Interest-based Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below.
Legal Documents from Customers for Processing through the LegalMation Platform
Information from Other Sources
- Social networks when you engage with our content or reference our Website.
- Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources, including information made available from federal, state, or local government records, such as legal pleadings. We do not treat publicly available information as personally identifiable unless otherwise required by law.
How We Use Information
- To operate and present our Website and its contents to you.
- To manage your account and provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it, or provide you with security alerts, support, or administrative messages.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To prevent and address fraud, threats, or harm.
- To analyze trends, usage, and activities.
- To conduct research, including focus groups and surveys.
- To improve the Website or other LegalMation websites, apps, portals, platforms, marketing efforts, products, and services.
- To develop and inform you about our and other parties’ services, products, offers, promotions, rewards, and events.
- To serve you advertising .
- Fulfilling any other purpose at your direction.
- With notice to you and with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our agents, vendors, contractors, and other service providers (“Service Providers”) we use to support our business and that process information on our behalf. Service Providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, and technical support. Service Providers are bound by contractual obligations to keep the information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- To vendors for analytics and advertising related purposes. These parties may act as our Service Providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Interest-based Advertising” section below.
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and related entities.
- To our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- To our customers in connection with us processing information on their behalf. For example, if you contact us with questions about information about you that we process on behalf of a customer, we may inform the customer in order to help them to respond to your questions.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event (or during discussions) of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LegalMation’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by LegalMation about our Website users is among the assets to be transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LegalMation, our customers, or others.
- To facilitate your requests and fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With notice to you or with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may disclose information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we disclose information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Analytics and Interest-based Advertising
We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze your use of the Website, compile statistic reports on the Website’s activity, and provide us with other services relating to website activity and internet usage. In addition, we work with agencies, ad networks, advertisers, and other vendors to serve advertisements on other party’s services. For example, we place ads through Google and Facebook that you may view on their platforms as well as on other websites and services.
As part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies on our Website (including emails and advertisements), as well as into our ads displayed on other websites and services. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you (“Interest-based Advertising”).
For further information on tracking technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, please see “Information Automatically Collected” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Your Rights and Choices
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to us through your account by visiting your account settings or sending an email to the email address set out in the “Contact Information” section below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Tracking Technology Choices
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Analytics and Interest-based Advertising
You can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Some of the companies that collect information from or about you on our websites, emails, and advertisements in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit, for website opt-out, http://www.aboutads.info/choices. In addition, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Please note that if you opt-out of online behavioral advertising using any of these methods, the opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Information” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
The Website is not directed to children under thirteen (13) years of age. LegalMation does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a parent or guardian and believe LegalMation has collected such information, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Information” section below, and we will remove such data in accordance with COPPA.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: LegalMation, 300 S. Grand Ave. 14th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071
Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at email@example.com.
Additional Disclosures for California Residents
To the extent the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) applies to LegalMation, these additional disclosures apply only to California residents. Our Website is intended to provide information and services to job applicants and business customers. You understand and agree that information collected about you is solely within the context of (i) your role as an employee, job applicant, owner, director, officer, or contractor or (ii) LegalMation conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from your employer.
We acknowledge that you may have rights under the CCPA in connection with the personal information we process on behalf of our customers. If personal information about you has been processed by us as a service provider on behalf of a business customer and you wish to exercise any rights you have with such personal information, please inquire with our customer directly. If you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide the name of our business customer on whose behalf we processed your personal information. We will refer your request to that customer, and will support them to the extent required by the CCPA in responding to your request.
California Shine the Light Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 (“Shine the Light”) permits customers of our Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their personal information as defined by Shine the Light to third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Information” section above. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email address or mail address.