This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- By us offline or through any other means, including on any other online service operated by LegalMation;
- From documents uploaded to us by our customers for processing on our platform; or
- By any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide through your use of the Website. We collect information when you browse our website, interact with our emails or advertisements, request a demo or to be added to our mailing list, register for or login to the LegalMation platform, report a problem, or otherwise contact us.
The information we collect includes information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination). Some examples of information you provide include the following:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, postal address, phone number, and email address.
- Company Data, including your company’s name and postal address.
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access.
- Login information for authorized users, including usernames and passwords.
- Billing Data, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments and fulfill your orders.
- Profile information, including your state bar number.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as comments and questions when you submit an inquiry).
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Website that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information We Automatically Collect
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. Some examples include:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The “Tracking Technologies” we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your device that acts as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you relevant content and advertising on the Website and Third Party Services (defined below). Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include information that identifies you, or we may maintain it or associate it with information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Track our conversions.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Provide you with additional functionality.
In addition, some information about your use of the Website and certain Third Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Website and certain Third Party Services.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Third Parties” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below.
Documents Uploaded through the LegalMation Platform
For our customer subscribers, we provide the LegalMation platform, which includes various tools to assist attorneys and legal professionals. This service allows our customers to upload documents, and create new documents for their own use based on the uploaded documents. In connection with this service, our customers may provide to us documents that include information about identifiable individuals. We will use appropriate measures to protect this information.
Information from Other Sources
- Social networks when you engage with our content or reference our Website.
- Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
For further information on Third Party Services, see the “Third Parties” section below.
How We Use Your Information
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To manage your account and provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it, or provide you with security alerts, support, or administrative messages.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To prevent and address fraud, threats, or harm.
- To analyze trends, usage, and activities.
- To conduct research, including focus groups and surveys.
- To improve the Website or other LegalMation websites, apps, portals, marketing efforts, products, and services.
- To develop and inform you about our and third party services, products, offers, promotions, rewards, and events.
- To serve advertising tailored to your interests on Third Party Services.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our agents, vendors, contractors, and other service providers (“Service Providers”) we use to support our business. Service Providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, and technical support. Service Providers are bound by contractual obligations to keep the information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- To our customers in connection with us processing information on their behalf. For example, if you contact us with questions about information about you that we process on behalf of a customer, we may inform the customer in order to help them to respond to your questions.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event (or during discussions) of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LegalMation’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by LegalMation about our Website users is among the assets to be transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LegalMation, our customers, or others.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may disclose information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we disclose information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Our Website contains tracking technologies owned and operated by third parties. For example, we use tracking technologies from third party analytics provides, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze your use of the Website, compile statistic reports on the Website’s activity, and provide us with other services relating to website activity and internet usage. We also work with ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties to serve advertisements on third party services. These third parties may use tracking technologies on our websites, emails, and advertisements, and on third party services to track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you on third party services or third party devices after you have left our websites, emails, and advertisements (“Interest-based Advertising”).
For further information on tracking technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, please see “Information We Automatically Collect” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Your Rights and Choices
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to us through your account by visiting your account settings or sending an email to the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Tracking Technology Choices
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Analytics and Advertising
You can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on our websites, emails, and advertisements in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit, for website opt-out, http://www.aboutads.info/choices. In addition, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please note that if you opt-out of online behavioral advertising using any of these methods, the opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 (“Shine the Light”) permits customers of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their personal information as defined by Shine the Light to third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email address or mail address.
The Website is not directed to children under thirteen (13) years of age. LegalMation does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a parent or guardian and believe LegalMation has collected such information, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will remove such data in accordance with COPPA.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
By email: support AT legalmation.com
By mail: LegalMation, 2 Park Plaza, Suite 480, Irvine, CA 92614